Nobody is perfect, but the modern man and woman now have the option to perfect their appearance using plastic surgery. Plastic surgery procedures are becoming more and more commonplace, though some procedures are more frequently requested than others.
- Breast Augmentation – According to the American Society of Plastic Surgeons, about 286,000 breast augmentation surgeries were performed in the U.S. in 2014. Breast augmentation surgery can be performed to change the size or shape of a woman’s breasts. Many women have the surgery to make their breasts larger, though the surgery can also be used to correct unevenness in size or abnormalities in shape. The average cost for breast augmentation surgery is about $5,000.
- Nose Reshaping – In 2014, approximately 217,000 nose-reshaping surgeries were performed in the United States. The official name for the procedure is rhinoplasty, and it can be used to change the size and shape of the nose. The average cost for this type of surgery is about $4,500.
- Liposuction – The third most common type of plastic surgery is liposuction – about 211,000 procedures were completed in 2014. Liposuction can be performed to slim and reshape certain areas of the body by removing excess fat deposits. This type of surgery can be applied to the hips, thighs, buttocks, abdomen, arms, back, and chest area. Liposuction is fairly expensive, costing an average of $3,000 per area in addition to nonsurgical fees.
No matter what kind of procedure you are thinking about, keep in mind that plastic surgery is a long-term commitment. Once you have the procedure done, you may not be able to go back. This is why it is important to think carefully before you commit and to choose a highly qualified plastic surgeon to perform the procedure.
Latest posts by Dr. William W. Adams MD (see all)
- Three Reasons Your Surgeon Should Perform a Breast Lift - July 20, 2019
- How Nova Threads Benefit the Lower Face - July 10, 2019
- Top Three Choices for the Mommy Makeover - June 20, 2019