Breast augmentation, which is often called a “boob job,” is the most prevalent cosmetic breast surgery around today. With this plastic surgery procedure, women can achieve larger, more youthful-looking breasts.
If you’re considering breast augmentation, you may have also encountered the option to have a breast lift during the procedure. Combining a breast lift with breast augmentation has helped many women achieve perkier, beautiful breasts to match their cosmetic goals, but is this option right for you? Keep reading to learn more about a breast lift with breast augmentation.
What Is a Breast Lift?
A breast lift is a surgical procedure in which the breast tissue is lifted and excess skin is removed. This positions the breasts higher up on the chest for a lifted, rejuvenated appearance.
Breast lift surgery can provide:
- A higher position of the breasts
- A lifted position of the nipples and areolae
- Firmer, more youthful-looking breasts
That said, in breast lift surgery, unlike in breast augmentation, the size of the breasts isn’t altered. This is why many women opt to have both procedures completed in the same session.
The Benefits of Combining a Breast Lift with Breast Augmentation Surgery
If you want to lift and increase the size of your breasts, you can have a breast lift completed during your breast augmentation procedure. This option will allow you to reap the benefits of both procedures for optimal cosmetic results.
By combining breast lift and breast augmentation surgery, you can:
- Achieve a rejuvenated silhouette with larger, more lifted breasts
- Improve both the shape and size of the breasts in one surgical session, avoiding the expense and recovery periods of two separate surgeries
- Enhance the upper fullness of the breasts
- Restore lost volume in the breasts after pregnancy, weight loss, or the aging process
If you’re interested in cosmetic breast surgery in St. Petersburg, contact Dr. Adams today to schedule a consultation.