If there’s one thing you can count on in life, it’s change. As you change careers, relationships, homes, hobbies, friends, and age, you may find that your need for implants changes as well. Some women experience a shift in desire from large, sensual implants to smaller and firmer breasts. Others were never satisfied with their first set of implants and want a second chance to achieve their ideal appearance.
Whatever the reason is for you, it’s important to become informed about breast implant removal and identify your options after removal.
Are You A Candidate For Breast Implant Removal?
Implant removal is also known as an explant procedure. Do you qualify for the surgery?
- You must have breast implants already in place.
- You may be unhappy with the shape, size, or appearance of your breasts with your current implants. They may be too big or small, asymmetrical, too high on the chest, or too far apart.
- You may have a rupture or a hardening of an implant that needs to be addressed.
What Is the Explant Surgery Like?
This procedure is very similar to the implant procedure; it takes about 2 to 3 hours under general anesthesia and requires about one week of recovery time before you can return to work and normal activities. Depending on the reason for your surgery, you may also have drains placed during surgery. Just like your implants needed a few months to settle into their final position, you should prepare to give your breasts another few months to adjust to their new position after explant surgery.
Is Removal Definitely Necessary?
Dramatic changes can only be achieved through an explant surgery. These include reverting back to your natural breasts, changing the size of your implants, or handling a complication like a rupture or hard implant. Aside from those issues, a number of of cosmetic breast implant problems can actually be resolved through revision surgery.
The results of your breast implant revision, removal, or replacement are largely dependent upon the surgeon you trust to complete your surgery. This is why it’s so essential to select a highly qualified and widely recognized surgeon who can be trusted to deliver the results you want. Dr. Adams is located in the St. Petersburg area and specializes in revisional surgeries that create soft, symmetrical, beautiful new breasts. Call (727) 328- 2299 now to schedule your consultation.
Latest posts by Dr. William W. Adams MD (see all)
- Could Your Symptoms Be Resolved with an Ion Detox Foot Spa? - May 20, 2018
- Women, This Treatment Will Give Your Sexual Wellness a Major Makeover - May 10, 2018
- If You’re a Man, Breast Reduction is Possible - March 20, 2018