Aging is a natural part of life, but there is no reason that anyone should have to put up with lines and wrinkles if they are not content to do so. When people hear the words “plastic surgeon,” thoughts immediately jump to cutting and pulling and scalpels. While almost all plastic surgeons offer various types of face lift procedures, many other non-invasive options are available for those who want a more youthful look without any extra pain or worry.
If you are looking to avoid going under the knife but still want fewer creases and lines, there are a number of procedures that can be implemented alone or accompanying surgical lifting to produce maximum beneficial results. Some of the non-invasive procedures offered include:
- Botox – Millions of people across the United States and the rest of the world can attest to the powers of this procedure. Medicine is injected into the muscles of the face to decrease the appearance of just about any kind of facial wrinkling from laugh lines to crow’s feet.
- Radiesse – As we age, the protein collagen starts to break down, which noticeably reduced the fullness and elasticity of your face. Radiesse is a gel filler that acts as a supporting force underneath your skin to create structure as well as fight wrinkles by stimulating collagen growth.
- Juvederm— Much like Radiesse, Juvederm is a gel filler that is injected into the face to reduce lines and wrinkles. The benefit here is that it lasts a whole year with one treatment.
- Dermabrasion and Microdermabrasion— By using an abrasive instrument, both of these procedures work to remove the top layer of uneven skin cells, stimulating thicker collagen and improving skin blemishes such as hyper-pigmentation, age spots, stretch marks, fine lines and wrinkles, enlarged pores, and acne scars.
With a focus on naturally improving health and wellness, there are new forms of rejuvenation and anti-aging being formulated every day. Do your research to find out which treatments you think will best help you.
Latest posts by Dr. William W. Adams MD (see all)
- Three Reasons Your Surgeon Should Perform a Breast Lift - July 20, 2019
- How Nova Threads Benefit the Lower Face - July 10, 2019
- Top Three Choices for the Mommy Makeover - June 20, 2019